This is a summary of the repair and maintenance responsibilities for Raglan and Raglan residents. For detailed information about your responsibilities as a Raglan resident please refer to your repairs handbook.
If you do not have a copy of this handbook please contact the Housing Services Centre by email email@example.com or call 0800 011 6420 or 01202 319119 (mobile users and those on price plans) and ask for a copy.
If a resident is an older person or considered vulnerable and cannot fix a repair that would normally be their responsibility, then Raglan can arrange for the repair to be carried out but it will be chargeable.
In general Raglan is responsible for the following:
- the structure of your property
- the outside of your property - fences, gates, walls, paths, steps and outbuildings provided by Raglan
- fittings or facilities in communal areas
- water and gas pipes
- electrical wiring
- heating systems
- power and light fittings
As a resident you are generally responsible for the inside of your home and for certain repairs, including:
- anything that is listed as the tenants' responsibility
- keeping your home clean and in a reasonable condition, including decorating the inside
- the maintenance of any fixture, fitting or appliance you have put in
- preventing and controlling condensation
- preventing pipes from freezing
- damage caused by you or your visitors
- managing infestations eg: mice, bees
- replacing broken or cracked glass (unless proven as criminal damage)
- chimney cleaning
- replacement and maintenance of most home accessory items eg: plugs, light bulbs, curtain rails, locks, keys
- cleaning window glass and frames