This area of the website is specifically for leaseholders living in our Private Retirement schemes.
We have a range of information available for existing leaseholders, or people looking to buy one of our properties.
- Find out where we have properties
- Get informed about your repair responsibilities and service charges
- Find out how to buy a leasehold property or sell a leasehold property
- Find out about Leaseholder administration charges not covered by the management fee
There are three different types of lease depending on the property and scheme:
- An " assignable " lease, whereby you buy what is left of the original lease (usually 99 years) from the existing owner
- A " surrenderable " lease, whereby we grant you a brand new (usually 99-year) lease
- A " subsidised surrenderable " lease, whereby we grant you a brand new lease, the cost of which is based on a percentage of the open market value. This type of lease only exists in two schemes, both of which were built by us with government subsidy.