Our website aims to achieve 'AA' compliance for accessibility. This should mean that all the information and services that we provide through our website are accessible to every visitor.
To do this we have followed the current guidelines on accessibility when creating and developing the website and also added the following features for visitors to use:
- Text resizing on every page
- Contrast change facility on every page
Access to ROK Talk text-to-speech technology
Access to google translate for those who want to translate particular information or the entire website. (Please note that Raglan can not be held responsible for the accuracy of these translations; we include this facility with the intention of providing an alternative and quick translation service to the one that is provided through language line which would need to be organised through a Raglan member of staff.) To return to the original English version after viewing in another language use your back button.
An automatically updated sitemap
In addition for all our services we also provide:
- a translation and interpreting service through Language Line
- a portable hearing loop is available in all our offices and meeting rooms for use by visitors with hearing aids. Raglan staff can also use these on home visits. Please talk to your housing officer or contact the Housing Services Centre on 0800 011 6420/(01202) 319119 or (01202) 312771 (deaf or hard of hearing) if you think this facility may be of assistance.
- information in alternative formats on request: braille, larger print, audio tape/cd
If you find something on our website that you are not able to view or read please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently in the process of making all our pdf documents more accessible so please bear with us, but if you have any problems please contact us on email@example.com and we will be able to help you.